Our simple burials and cremations give you the freedom to strip away a lot of the costlier traditions that may not be a priority for those who are after something more straightforward or for those who want to target what budget they do have towards something that better reflects their lost friend or family member.
Simple funerals cut back on the extravagance and expense of some other options, taking away the ‘fuss’ that some may not wish to have, but they can be just as moving, personal and significant for those involved. It may be because it best reflects the personality of the person whose life is being celebrated or just for financial reasons, but simple funerals can be the perfect way to say goodbye.
Our simple funeral allows for the following:
- You can choose the day of the funeral
- You can choose the location of the funeral
- A traditional English Oak Laminate coffin is included
- You can visit your loved one in our chapel of rest
- You can choose all the music and, where required, also a celebrant or minister
- Our own hearse and all the staff necessary to oversee the service are included
- A free Online Funeral Notice & Obituary is included
- The funeral cortege meets the family directly at the crematorium
For this, our service fee is £1,850 but this does not include third party fees.
This is the same service as referenced in our Standardised Price List.
There are, however, a few restrictions:
- There is no flexibility on the route – we all meet at the crematorium
- Chapel visits are only during office hours
- The service must take place at either 9:30am or 10am
- Different crematoria will have different fees – these will vary from £650 to £995 dependent on where you wish to go
As with all our funerals, we always will provide a full written quote that will include and itemise everything that we have agreed together.